October 14, 2009

F*CK YOU RALPH LAUREN


Ralph Lauren you are full of FUCKERY. I was so disturbed when I read bout this. Filippa Hamilton, 23 was fired from Ralph Lauren as a model for being “overweight” and she’s only 5’10 & 120 pounds. It all started when she was amazed to see her body digitally distorted for Ralph Lauren Blue Label. "I was shocked to see that super skinny girl with my face," she told the Daily News. Below is the distorted picture.

The brand at Ralph Lauren had the nerve to issue a statement saying “we let her go because she couldnt stick with the requirements in the contract. But Flippa says "They fired me because they said I was overweight and I couldn't fit in their clothes anymore.”

The term "under-weight" is a medical/technical term just like the word "tall" is a technical term. Calling someone a skinny biishh is what we call judgemental. There is a difference. A doctor can write under-weight in your medical chart, a doctor will not write skinny biiiish in your chart.

Filippa I am available if you need a shoulder to cry on & RALPH LAUREN IS FULL OF PURE FUCKERY!

http://www.index.hr/images2/pirellical1v.jpgFilippa Hamilton WallpapersFilippa Hamilton Wallpapers

13 comments:

Wanda said...

Wow, I am 5'2'' and weigh the same, though perfectly healthy and quite slim, apparently fat according to Ralph Lauren.

Just checked BMI calculator, at 5'10" and a 120 lbs, she is considered underweight.

Nice message they're sending!

Melanie said...

I guess that is why I don't own any of Ralph Lauren's clothes - I wouldn't be able to fit into them either. What a sad story - where clothes are more important that people.
Has anyone seen this Dove video? I think it speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hibyAJOSW8U&feature=fvw

I wish more advertisers would focus on natural beauty.

HeatherB said...

She has worked for RL since she was 14. I am sure that they had her comp card at the ready and were well aware of her dimensions.
She was not told directly by RL that she was too big. She reported her agent told her they were letting her go because "I could no longer fit into their clothes"

Opé - Style Artist said...

I have to agree with RL. As a high fashion model she needed to be smaller. It's industry standard not real life standard.
When you make your samples what size will they be? Not an attack, just wondering. Standard sample size is a 0-2 and that is to keep the cost of creation low. If the model is a size 4 she needs to get another job somewhere else and move on.

The photoshop job was off but it is what it is....
Love ya sis.
;-)

Anonymous said...

The skinny model phenomenon can be laid square at the feet of women. Do you why white women grace the pages of women's magazines? Because they sale more issues than non white models do. The industry responds to your dollars. Sick of skinny models. Stop buying magazines and clothes that feature skinny models. This is not a man issue or society issue it is an issue that women continues to feed.

Melanie said...

Ope I would have to strongly dissagree and those size 0-2 gurls are unhealthy!

Zaco said...

Just another anti-fatso campaign. The fashion industry has long been a part of this but the are now being joined by the food nazis.

Simzee said...

American society DICTATES that woman be ANOREXIC THIN. Not only that...but YOU buy it. Do NOT complain when YOU BUY IT.

Anonymous said...

They should start using robots to model clothes as the retouched pic of her doesnt even look human anymore! It doesnt just look skinny it looks bloody stupid....how they expect people to look at it and think she looks good is beyond me!!?

HeatherB said...

I know designers that make size 4 samples Ope!

Anonymous said...

Gays running the fashion world are destroying how the the straight world should view women. I'm surprised Hamiltonn lasted as long as she did. She looks great to me!!! She is a beautiful woman.

Fashion101 said...

I would hope that the models who work for "Ralph Lauren"display a shape and bodily form at least as nice as the RL perfume line. RL, this model is not fat...modify your clothes to fit her.

This is fuckery keo

Fashion101 said...

And most of the people in the fashion world are
Gays!