June 29, 2009

Ben You'll Be Missed!

Today I lost my mentor the man that has been coaching me throughout my career in fashion. He helped me in ways that changed my life. I styled alot of editorial projects because he helped me bring out my imagination. He knew he was going to go soon. He was 42 years of age, respected in the fashion world, a proud homosexual man, and he always stood up for what he believed. Aids was the cause of his death and he waited till the doctor gave him a month to live to tell everyone that he has had Aids for 4 years.

As I would go to visit him at the hospital he would feed me wisdom and positivity. He was AMAZING and will always be in my heart. He told me 2 weeks ago "If you dont have this Fashion Week show in september I'll turn into a bad angel and hunt your ass down, god would be mad at me for a few hours but he'd get over it after we have a few cocktails". I'm gonna miss him ALOT. And I just heard a song by Michael Jackson called "Ben". I keep listening to it over & over!

I dont know if I can take all these loses. Sheeeesh!




7 comments:

Zaco said...

Im sorry for your lost. I hope to see you one day this week so we can do sushi n soho. You are one of the strongest people I kno. You inspire me....


ZACO W.

Anonymous said...

i dont personally kno u but i kno wit god u can overcome anything im sorry for your loses.

Kyla said...

sorrweeeeee 4 your lost and i love ur blog whats ur twitter?

Jennifer said...

Sorry keo :)

Keo said...

THANK YOU FOR READING THE BLOG AND SUBSCRIBING.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

When i got the email that u posted a nu post i got happy then when i read the post i got sad keep your head up baygurl.

Amber said...

Ben will be missed